Electrical Estimator Responsibilities:
- Analyzing blueprints to determine wire lengths as well as suitable outlet placement based on electrical codes.
- Determining the amount, type, and cost of materials and fixtures needed for each electrical project.
- Determining the amount of labor required to complete each project.
- Determining the potential profitability of electrical projects to assist management in making sound bidding decisions.
- Providing viable solutions to increase project profitability.
- Completing and submitting competitive project bids in accordance with established guidelines.
- Regularly updating cost databases to accurately reflect fluctuating material and labor costs.
- Evaluating labor and material costs to determine whether it is more feasible to construct electrical components or sub-contract the construction of components.
Electrical Estimator Requirements:
- Completion of a post secondary education electrician training program.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Science, Engineering, Construction Management, or related field is advantageous.
- Certification through the American Society of Professional Estimators (ASPE) or the Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineering (AACE) International is advantageous.
- Valid electrician’s license.
- The ability to interpret blueprints.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
A and V Electric Company, Inc
2750 Tremont Rd
Savannah, GA 31405